Project Manager (C4L5)
AlmavivA de Belgique
The European External Action Service is looking for a Project Manager for the Information Management team.
The IT challenge
Nature of the main tasks
Under the direct supervision of the Business Domain Relationship Manager (BDRM) of the Business Domain, the Project Manager will assume the following tasks:
- Manage the implementation of information systems to meet identified business needs, acquiring and utilizing the necessary resources and skills, within agreed parameters of cost, timescales, and quality.
- Manage the change control procedure gaining agreement for revisions to the project from project sponsors.
- Estimate costs, timescales, and resource requirements for the successful completion of each project to agreed terms of reference.
- Monitor risks, costs, timescales and resources used, and take action where these deviate from agreed tolerances.
- Give proposals for project strategies, planning, definition of tasks and deliverables, review of project deliverables, quality control, risk analysis and management, status reports, problem reporting, and management systems, follow up and organization.
- Participate in functional working groups and progress meetings.
- Prepare and maintain project and quality plans and track activities against the plan, provide regular and accurate reports.
- Provide effective leadership for the project team ensuring that team members are motivated and constantly developing their skills and experience.
- Guide the team in charge of project activities and review their deliverables.
Knowledge and skills
- Ability to manage projects and to make full use of associated tools (MS Project 2010 for Gantt and PERT charts, MS Visio for UML/BPMN diagrams)
- Professional experience with project management methodologies (Preferred PM²) and/or with software development Agile methodologies (Preferred RUP, Agile or Scrum) and one additional valid certification in Software Development Methodology (SCRUM Foundation) is required
- Ability to understand Business Process Modelling diagrams and UML diagrams
The following specific experience and skills would be a plus:
- Technical development background (Preferably in Java)
- Ability to lead a project team, to coordinate multiple activities in parallel and to animate a group of IT specialist potentially under high pressure
- Ability to respect deadlines and budget allocated and respect instructions
- Ability to report in a structured way, communication and presentation skills towards small to medium audience required
- Ability to write/speak/understand English (Level B min.). French knowledge is an asset.
- PM² certifications
- COBIT Workshop
Salary and Conditions
Location: Brussels, BE
Worksite type: On-site only
Contract type: Freelancer or Employee
Contract duration: +12 Months
Requires EU nationality: Yes
Job type: Consulting
You have successfully applied for the job.
We have created a Sprint CV account which allows you to automate your CV, for free, forever. Log in, review your profile and generate your CV in any of the many different templates that we have for you.
P.S: First, you'll need to go to your email to activate your account.