Java Application Architect at European Commission
up to 9k/month
DG Education and Culture (European Commission) seeks an Application Architect to support the Architecture and Design of the Information Systems solutions that support the management of its programs, like Erasmus+.
About this IT position
DG EAC searches a Java Application Architect to help them design and build the new applications that will be used by all national agencies to implement the Erasmus programme. Will be an application used by more than 52 national agencies and will help more than 1 million students to study abroad.
The IT challenge
▪ Architecture and design of information systems
▪ Review of the architecture of existing systems
▪ Design and development of architecture components and building blocks
▪ Analysis of the integration of different information systems
▪ Data analysis and data modelling
▪ Coordination of the implementation of the technical architecture
▪ Technical interface between the project leaders and the developers
▪ Drafting software architecture (and other necessary) documents
▪ Participation in technical working groups, progress meetings and meetings with the users
▪ Definition of testing needs and assistance in the testing
▪ Assistance during relevant parts of testing, analysis, technical documentation, deployment, evaluation and reporting
▪ Experience in cross-platform design, service-oriented architectures and services orchestration
▪ Very good knowledge of application design and modelling tools (UML)
▪ Very good knowledge of applications design with relevant architecture patterns and principles
▪ Very good knowledge of Object-Oriented Programming Languages (Java)
▪ Knowledge of interoperability technologies (e.g. web services, message-oriented middleware, service-oriented bus, messaging protocols JMS/AMQP, Kafka, WebSockets e.g. RPC)
▪ Experience with message exchange patterns (Pub-Sub) and formats (XML/XSD, JSON)
▪ Experience with the use of tools for application lifecycle management (SMT, Jira, Wiki's, etc.)
▪ Very good knowledge of Java/J2EE (including Spring/hibernate framework)
▪ Excellent knowledge and proven experience with Service Oriented Architecture and development of REST/SOAP Web Services, and the Java frameworks and APIs, in particular, asynchronous communication (advanced queuing) and APIs
▪ Very Good knowledge of Configuration Management and continuous integration practices and tools like SVN, Git, etc.
▪ Knowledge of Oracle products like WebLogic 11 or later, Oracle Database 11g
▪ Knowledge with Angular2+ based architectures patterns
▪ Knowledge of ICT security principles (symmetric/asymmetric encryption), authentication & authorisation, digital signatures, industry protocols (OAuth2, OpenID Connect) is an advantage
▪ Experience with micro-services development techniques, DevOps principles, Experience using JIRA and Confluence will be an asset
*** This is a wishlist if you match 70%-80% of this skills required, apply anyway! ***
Salary and Conditions
Location: Belgium, BE
Worksite type: On-site only
Contract type: Freelancer or Employee
Contract duration: +12 Months
Requires EU nationality: No
Job type: Outsourcing
Other points of the offer
The salary/daily rates presented are the maximum as a freelancer when meeting all criteria.
Belgium permanent employment contract is also one option, with salaries around 2500-3500€ net, when meeting all criteria.
Feel free to send us a message to know how much could you get precisely.
You will be hired by an IT consulting company that has a contract with the European Commission, you won't have any contract with the European Commission.
At Sprint CV our mission is to help IT consultants to automate their CV and help them to meet hiring companies. Our vision is to create an ecosystem between consultants, companies and recruiters, where CVs are fully automated and applying for a job will be super fast.