Senior Automation Tester at European Commission
up to 10.6k/month
The Software Development Capabilities department of DIGIT (European Commission IT department) is looking for a Senior Automation Tester to lead the testing team, playing a central role and taking full responsibility for the project’s success.
About this IT position
The Senior Automation Tester has to lead the testing team, playing a central role and taking full responsibility for the project’s success. To be successful, the role involves quality & test advocacy, resource planning & management and resolution of issues.
Coordinate with the Test Manager to determine which types of testing (e.g. non-functional, UAT) are required and aligns the business and IT test phases. Ensuring that all test phases have appropriate entry/exit criteria and monitor achievement of these criteria.
The IT challenge
The Senior Senior Automation Tester will have the following responsibilities:
- Building up and leading the Testing Team to the success of a project;
- Defining the scope of testing within the context of each release/delivery;
- Defining and implements the overall test approach, determining whether test phases will be automated and selecting and implementing appropriate test tools;
- Producing the overall test delivery plan defining the business and IT test deliverable milestones, test tasks and activities;
- Defining roles and responsibilities for the test team including specific responsibility for the production of all test deliverables;
- Deploying and managing resources for testing;
- Applying the appropriate test measurements and metrics in the product and the Testing Team;
- Planning, deploying and managing the testing effort for any given engagement.
Monitoring and reporting the status and progress of each test phase to different stakeholders and to agreed standards;
- Owning and resolving issues around the technical solution delivered into the business test environment;
- Ensuring effective issue escalation to senior management where there is a significant threat to delivery;
- Working within the overall project or programme governance defined by the Project / Programme Manager and contributing to formal project reviews at appropriate points in the project lifecycle;
Experience working with the following tools:
Confluence / Jira / XRay
Testing Automation & Methodologies
Design, develop and implement Test Plans, Cases & Processes
Preparing and executing test cases/scenarios (with datasets)
Scripting & Documentation
Regression & Negative Testing
UI & Compatibility Testing (multiple browser support)
Test Strategies & Coverages
Experience in testing JEE apps, Angular apps and Web Services.
Salary and Conditions
Location: Brussels, BE
Worksite type: On-site only
Contract type: Freelancer or Employee
Contract duration: +12 Months
Requires EU nationality: Yes
Job type: Outsourcing
Other points of the offer
The salary/daily rates presented are the maximum as a freelancer when meeting all criteria.
Belgium permanent employment contract is also one option, with salaries around 3000-4000€ (value after all taxes), when meeting all criteria.
Feel free to send us a message to know how much could you get precisely.
You will be hired by an IT consulting company that has a contract with the European Commission, you won't have any contract with the European Commission.
At Sprint CV our mission is to help IT consultants to automate their CV and help them to meet hiring companies. Our vision is to create an ecosystem between consultants, companies and recruiters, where CVs are fully automated and applying for a job will be super fast.