Enterprise Architect at European Commission
up to 10.8k/month
Enterprise Architect is needed for a project at the European Commission.
About this IT position
The Enterprise Architect has the mission to guarantee high level and/or core design, ensures interoperability and identifies potential
reuse. He will supervise the overall consistency of IT architecture of our client and guarantees that its design fulfils a set of requirements.
The Enterprise Architect (EA) will cover both IT and business
• To exchange information between EU Member States (MS) or between MS and central services at our client’s organization;
• To exchange information between third countries (non-EU Member States) or Economic Operators (EO) and central services in our client’s organization;
• To host central services in our client’s organization ;
• To provide shared services to other Platforms (e.g. monitoring, archiving). Platforms are built using various middleware technologies, including message queueing services, enterprise
service bus, database technologies, web application servers, virtualisation technologies, also using test tools (e.g. ReadyAPI, Selenium, Citrus), and various security software and appliances (e.g. F5, Axway).
• Guarantee that Platforms evolution fulfil the requirements from an
architectural point of view.
The IT challenge
• Propose systems, components and/or services architecture (e.g. SOA, ESB, MDM, legacy, framework, security), COTS software products, standards and/or evaluate technical offers from our client’s contractors;
• Make proposals for architecture governance and/or evaluate technical offers from our client’s contractors;
• Investigate and recommend solutions (including cost-benefit analyses, assessment of implementation's duration), and/or evaluate technical solutions proposed by our client’s contractors;
• Support projects by designing services and components (or supervising contractors' design), encouraging re-use as well as committing that the design of the system will fulfil the system's
requirements, in particular, non-functional requirements (volume, scalability, confidentiality, integrity, availability, business continuity and disaster recovery planning);
• Ensure that the systems', components' and/or services' design is consistent with our client’s architecture;
• Analyse the integration of different information systems and ensure their interoperability;
• Provide advice and consultancy; Participate in brainstorming, meetings and workshops with our client’s, contractors, MS and/or other partners;
• Follow up technology and services evolution in the relevant areas;
• Structure the information in ways that are appropriate to the target audience;
• Produce, review and evaluate technical documents. It includes reviewing technical offers from our client’s contractors;
• Study (or supervise the study of) adequacy and impact of new technology or new versions of COTS/OSS on our client’s systems;
• Report to the official(s) in charge of Architecture.
• Design of complex systems, including requirements analysis, identification of alternative solutions and their assessment, technology selection and configuration;
• Technical design of SOA middleware platforms including, but not limited to, web services, web application servers, Enterprise Service Bus, database technologies, message queueing services, XML,
SOAP, REST, messaging patterns, storage and backup services, application infrastructure services and
• Knowledge of Oracle COTS (e.g. OAG/AAG, OHS, OSB, OSR, OAM, OIM, OUD, Weblogic, RAC, Dataguard, SOA Suite).
• Service-mindedness and autonomy are required, as well as interpersonal skills, including working in a multicultural environment or public administration, and the ability to report on complex technical issues;
• Demonstrate strong organisational and coordination skills
• Demonstrate strong written and oral communication skills, able to communicate complex technical information in a way that can be understood by non-technical people - required;
• Demonstrate ability to write business cases and/or vision documents, design documents and diagrams, (MPP) planning schedules, notes, presentations, minutes etc. - required;
• Demonstrate the ability to facilitate meetings - required;
• Experience with architecture modelling tools (e.g. ARIS) is an asset;
• Any industry certification in the domain of project management or architecture (e.g. PMBOK, PRINCE2, TOGAF, Archimate) is an asset;
• IT security knowledge or certifications are an asset
• College or University degree required;
• At least 9 years of experience in IT, out of which 4 years of specialised experience as Enterprise Architect
Salary and Conditions
Location: Brussels, BE
Salary up to: 540€/day
Worksite type: On-site only
Contract type: Freelancer or Employee
Contract duration: +12 Months
Requires EU nationality: Yes
Job type: Outsourcing
Client: European Commission
Other points of the offer
The salary/daily rates presented are the maximum as a freelancer when meeting all criteria.
Belgium permanent employment contract is also one option, with salaries around 3000-4000€ net, when meeting all criteria.
Feel free to send us a message to know how much could you get precisely.
You will be hired by an IT consulting company that has a contract with the European Commission, you won't have any contract with the European Commission.
You have successfully applied for the job.
We have created a Sprint CV account which allows you to automate your CV, for free, forever. Log in, review your profile and generate your CV in any of the many different templates that we have for you.
P.S: First, you'll need to go to your email to activate your account.