Java Full-Stack Developer at the European Commission
up to 8.4k/month
Are you looking for a new challenge? Would you like to be part of the team that is building the new Erasmus+ application?
About this IT position
DG Education and Culture (DG EAC), IT Unit is developing and operating IT systems to support the needs of the Erasmus+ programme of the European Commission. A new framework programme will start in 2021 and the renewal of IT architecture and the IT systems are currently ongoing.
The IT team is currently building the new Erasmus+ application, a brand-new architecture based on micro-services principles for the back-end part of the new IT system and the re-use of a corporate framework solution for workflow management for the front-end part of the system.
In this new context, DG EAC IT unit seeks a Java Full-Stack Developer to help them with the development of new Erasmus+ systems.
The IT challenge
Be part of the team that is building the future Erasmus+ system from scratch. The new application that will manage 6 billion € per year and will help more than half a million students per year do study abroad. Will be used by all National Agencies (more than 52) and all universities and schools.
The new application is based on micro-services principles for the back-end part of the new IT system and the re-use of a corporate framework solution for workflow management for the front-end part of the system.
- SOA architecture principles
- Knowledge and professional experience with Angular2+ based architectures patterns
- Very good knowledge and professional experience of Oracle 11g or later, Web Logic 11 or later, Apache Tomcat, Web Services, Java EE and JMS
- Knowledge of Git, Confluence and SVN, development setup in a cloud
- Micro-service development techniques
- Tools/ Methodologies used in the team: Java EE, Angular, SOAP and REST Services, Architecture based on Micro-Services API.
- Database: Oracle 11g
- Development tools: IntelliJ, Eclipse, Web Logic 11 or later, SoapUI, SVN, Git, Confluence
- The infrastructure that supports the new systems run on is based on Springboot microservices running in Docker containers orchestrated by Kubernetes.
It is also using technologies like Kakfa, Zookeeper, Prometheus, Elastic Search
Salary and Conditions
Location: Brussels, BE
Salary up to: 420€/day
Worksite type: On-site only
Contract type: Freelancer or Employee
Contract duration: +12 Months
Requires EU nationality: No
Job type: Outsourcing
Client: European Commission
Other points of the offer
The salary/daily rates presented are the maximum as a freelancer when meeting all criteria (master degree + 7 years of experience in IT).
Belgium permanent employment contract is also one option, with salaries around 2500-3200€ net, when meeting all criteria.
Feel free to send us a message to know how much could you get precisely.
You will be hired by an IT consulting company that has a direct contract with the European Commission, you won't have any contract with the European Commission.
You have successfully applied for the job.
We have created a Sprint CV account which allows you to automate your CV, for free, forever. Log in, review your profile and generate your CV in any of the many different templates that we have for you.
P.S: First, you'll need to go to your email to activate your account.