Senior Java Developer at the European Commission
up to 10k/month
Senior Java Developer is needed to join a project at European Commission.
About this IT position
DIGIT, the IT unit of the European Commission, delivers digital reusable solutions and mobile solutions for the European Commission as well as for citizens in the Member States in cooperation with other Commission services.
DIGIT manages the complete development lifecycle of the information systems, including feasibility, study, business requirements, business process modelling, analysis, development, testing and deployment.
As a reference, a non-exhaustive list of the projects developed internally, like: Where2Go, KiddyMob, "On the Go", Corporate Notification System, European Solidarity Corps, eTrustEx Mobile and Fit@Work.
The IT challenge
• Architecture and design of information systems;
• Analysis and documentation of requirements following the standards and methodologies established by the Contracting Authority;
• Participate in the analysis and design of database schemas/tables/etc.;
• Data analysis and data modelling;
• Development/maintenance of applications that reflect the specifications;
• Design and development of architecture components and building blocks;
• Integration with other applications/systems;
• Production of technical documentation;
• Formulation and/or elaboration of test cases/programs;
• Participate in the deployment and configuration of the system (s);
• Participation in meetings with the Contracting Authority, project teams and user groups.
• Very good knowledge of J2EE including Service Oriented Architecture (SOA) and web services;
• Very good knowledge of Angular development framework (version 8 or newer);
• Very good knowledge of Ionic development platform (or a similar one) to develop mobile applications;
• Very good knowledge of HTML5 and CSS;
• Very good knowledge of web application design and development;
• Good knowledge of Application Servers (e.g. Oracle WebLogic Server);
• Good knowledge of Relational Database Management Systems - DBMS (e.g. Oracle 11/12 g);
• Ability to apply high quality standards;
• Ability to cope with fast changing technologies used in application architecture and
• Good communication skills;
• Ability to give technical presentations;
• Capability of working in a multi-lingual/multi-cultural environment;
• Very good knowledge of English (both written and oral).
• Master degree in IT (added value)
• At least 7 years of professional experience in IT
Salary and Conditions
Location: Brussels, BE
Salary up to: 500€/day
Worksite type: On-site and Remote
Contract type: Freelancer or Employee
Contract duration: +12 Months
Requires EU nationality: Yes
Job type: Outsourcing
Client: European Commission
Other points of the offer
The salary/daily rates presented are the maximum as a freelancer when meeting all criteria.
Belgium permanent employment contract is also one option, with salaries around 3000-3500€ (value after all taxes), when meeting all criteria.
Feel free to send us a message to know how much you could get precisely.
You will be hired by an IT consulting company that has a contract with the European Commission, your services will be outsourced to the European Commission.
You have successfully applied for the job.
We have created a Sprint CV account which allows you to automate your CV, for free, forever. Log in, review your profile and generate your CV in any of the many different templates that we have for you.
P.S: First, you'll need to go to your email to activate your account.