Jive System Administrator at European Commission
up to 12k/month
There is an urgent need for a Jive System Administrator at EEAS. Are you the one?
European External Action Service (EEAS) is the diplomatic service that combines the foreign and defence ministry of the European Union (EU).
The IT challenge
EEAS Informatics Division needs a Jive System Administrator to assist them in the following tasks:
- Administrating all JIVE instances in use and to be deployed in the future, from the installation in multi-node configuration to the follow-up of performances, including all configuration matters, plugins, add-ons and API’s installation (including interfacing it with other applications like Confluence, etc., managing JIVE and all dependent upgrade processes, administrating its Console and even optimising spaces.
- Conducting technical impact analysis on various technical and/or business requirements which need to be implemented in projects using JIVE instances as a “development” platform,
- Collaborating in a proactive manner with other IT Divisions’ Offices and Project Teams to setup and document guidelines and good practices, Implementation of the various customisations required (developments to integrate the platform with other EEAS /EC systems),
- Participating in meetings with EEAS internal and external stakeholders.
- Reporting about achievements and actions under her/his responsibility
The tasks to perform will be in accordance with the all technical and Security Standard of EEAS IT Division and require the following specific knowledge and skills:
- Proven professional experience and strong knowledge with JIVE platform administration and installation
- Proven professional experience and strong knowledge with Tomcat & Apache servers administration and configuration
- Good knowledge of Linux Operating System
- Practical experience and good knowledge in Java development, and in particular interfacing applications using technologies as RESTful APIs
- Good knowledge of HTML5, CSS, XML, and linked concepts
- Practical experience and knowledge in using Open Source products in general
- Ability to work (understand/speak/write) in English (level B or C) and to integrate a multicultural project team working environment, while requiring a certain level of autonomy Finally, the following proven experiences are assets:
- Previous experience in deploying collaboration and/or communication platforms in Strategic Communication and/or Marketing companies’ organizational entities
- Soft skills coaching IT colleagues in daily management of JIVE platforms
- European nationality is mandatory (EU 27 - a country member of the European Union)
Salary and Conditions
Location: Brussels, BE
Salary up to: 600€/day
Worksite type: On-site and Remote
Contract type: Freelancer or Employee
Contract duration: +12 Months
Requires EU nationality: Yes
Job type: Outsourcing
Other points of the offer
The salary/daily rates presented are the maximum as a freelancer when meeting all criteria.
The daily rate/salary depends on the time of experience based on the following formula.
L3 - up to €300/day (between 3 and 8 years of experience)
L4 - up to €400/day (between 8 and 12 years of experience)
L5 - up to €500/day (between 12 and 15 years of experience)
L6 - up to €600/day or 12.000€/month (for more than 15 years of experience)
Belgium permanent employment contract is also one option (around 3500-4000€ net).
You will be hired by an IT consulting company that has a contract with the EEAS, you won't have any contract with the EEAS.
At Sprint CV, our mission is to help IT consultants to improve and automate their CV. Our vision is to create an ecosystem between consultants, companies, and recruiters, where CVs are fully automated and applying for a job will be super fast.
We also launched a free service where we help IT consultants to apply for open positions at the European Commission by helping them with the application and introducing them to hiring companies, direct providers of the European Commission.
You have successfully applied for the job.
We have created a Sprint CV account which allows you to automate your CV, for free, forever. Log in, review your profile and generate your CV in any of the many different templates that we have for you.
P.S: First, you'll need to go to your email to activate your account.