Java Developer at the European Commission
up to 11k/month
Did you know that the European Commission has elected Java, Spring, Angular as their main tools of development?
Did you know that there are more than 2.000 IT consultants supporting, improving, and building the new IT systems that connect all the member states and aim to build a better Europe?
About this IT position
There is a huge need for Java Developers that could join the projects and be part of the local team development at the European Commission.
With the new 2030 program starting now, there is a huge workload to build the new systems and get the IT systems ready to implement all the goals that the European Commission and the member states have set to 2030.
The IT challenge
As a Java Developer your tasks and responsibilities will include:
- Development and maintenance of software applications;
- Development and integration of technological components;
- Implementation of user requirements;
- Elaborating of test programs;
- Integration with other applications;
- Writing of technical documentation;
- Assistance with deployment and configuration of the system;
- Participating in meetings with the project teams;
• Experience in development of JEE applications
• Experience using Spring framework, like, Spring data, Spring for web-services, JPA, spring-security
• Good knowledge of web application design, in particular, Java back-end components and frameworks (Java Spring, Java 8 +);
• Good knowledge of SQL;
• Knowledge of interoperability technology (e.g. web services, REST APIs);
• Good knowledge of Java application servers, in particular, Oracle WebLogic;
• Good knowledge of Relational DBMS, in particular, Oracle DB;
• Experience with SCRUM methodology;
• Familiar with Atlassian suite (JIRA, Confluence, bitbucket);
• Ability to write clear and structured technical documents;
• Ability to give technical presentations;
• Ability to participate in meetings in English, good communication skills;
• Capability of integration in an international/multicultural environment;
• Rapid self-starting capability and experience in working in team.
• European nationality is mandatory
Nice to have:
• Knowledge of CI/CD and container technologies, Git, Jenkins, Dockers;
- Experience in front-end technologies, like: HTML5, Angular;
- Knowledge of JQuery library, CSS mechanism;
• Knowledge of security concepts;
• Knowledge of Oauth;
Salary and Conditions
Location: Brussels, BE
Salary up to: 550€/day
Worksite type: On-site and Remote
Contract type: Freelancer or Employee
Contract duration: +12 Months
Requires EU nationality: Yes
Job type: Outsourcing
Client: European Commission
Other points of the offer
Salary is based on years of experience + degree.
Max daily rate: Master’s degree + 13 years of experience or bachelor’s degree + 17 years of experience you should aim for a daily rate of 500-550€/day (10.000€ - 11.000€/month gross/before taxes).
Min daily rate: master degree + 3 years of experience or bachelor’s degree + 7 years of experience you should aim for a daily rate of 320-350€/day (6.400€ - 7.000€/month gross/before taxes).
Belgium permanent employment contract is also one option, with salaries around 2200-3800€ net, when meeting all criteria.
Currently both hybrid (1 day per week in the office) and remote (within an European country) contracts are a possibility. Nevertheless, candidates that have availability to travel once a month to Brussels will have priority.
At Sprint CV, our mission is to help IT consultants to improve and automate their CV. Our vision is to create an ecosystem between consultants, companies, and recruiters, where CVs are fully automated and applying for a job will be super fast.
We also launched a free service where we help IT consultants to apply for open positions at the European Commission by helping them with the application and introducing them to hiring companies, direct providers of the European Commission.
Java (>= 3 years)
Spring (>= 3 years)
English (Professional working)
Nice to have
Reach out the job poster
Founder and Career Coach at Sprint CV
You have successfully applied for the job.
We have created a Sprint CV account which allows you to automate your CV, for free, forever. Log in, review your profile and generate your CV in any of the many different templates that we have for you.
P.S: First, you'll need to go to your email to activate your account.