DevSecOps Engineer at the European Commission
up to 11k/month
DevOps Engineer specialised in security is needed for a project at the European Commission.
About this IT position
The IT unit that us charge of software development of the European Commission is composed of different competency centres and one of them, named DevSecOps CC, is focused on the DevSecOps area.
For this reason, they would like to recruit one “Expert in DevSecOps”. An expert that could provide advice and hands-on work on the release management aspects as well as helping with the DevSecOps pipeline at the corporate level.
The IT challenge
The candidate will contribute to the activities listed below (non-exhaustive list):
• Maintain, plan, implement, upgrade DevSecOps pipelines
• Facilitate the continuous delivery of IT applications by using Application Lifecycle Management and automation tools.
• Promote the usage of DevSecOps methodologies for IT projects.
• Contribute on the future delivery and release processes for container-based (Kubernetes) and cloud-based pipelines.
• Support and advice development teams at EC willing to adopt DevOps practices around Continuous Deployment and Release pipelines.
• Integrate various tools into DevSecOps pipeline such as Jenkins, Bamboo, JIRA, Git, Nexus, PKS, AWS EKS, SpringCloudConfig, hashCorp Vault, etc.
• Proven and strong knowledge on the Atlassian Application Lifecycle Management tools (Bamboo, Bitbucket, Confluence, Jira) and some other tooling like Git, Nexus.
• Proven working experience in establishing and managing deployment pipeline and release management
• Proven working experience with large, enterprise-level multi-user Information Systems
• Proven working experience with DevOps container/orchestration tools (ie: Docker, Ansible, Kubernetes, etc.)
• Proven working experience in at least a programming language (JAVA, Python, Bash, Perl, etc.)
• Proven working experience in conducting DevSecOps in an agile work environment
• Proven working experience with Cloud-based solutions like Amazon AWS
• Proven working experience in cloud security architecture and security requirements
• Proven working experience in a black box and white box testing (OWASP, HP Fortify, etc.)
• Rapid self-starting capability and experience in team working.
Salary and Conditions
Location: Brussels, BE
Salary up to: 550€/day
Worksite type: On-site and Remote
Contract type: Freelancer or Employee
Contract duration: +12 Months
Requires EU nationality: Yes
Job type: Outsourcing
Client: European Commission
Other points of the offer
Currently, due to Covid all staff is working 100% remote and it will remain like that till the end of the pandemic. After, candidates must be ok to relocate to Brussels.
Belgium permanent employment contract is also one option, with salaries around 3000-3750€ net, when meeting all criteria.
Feel free to send us a message to know how much could you get precisely.
You will be hired by an IT consulting company that has a direct contract with the European Commission, you won't have any contract with the European Commission.
At Sprint CV, our mission is to help IT consultants to improve and automate their CV. Our vision is to create an ecosystem between consultants, companies, and recruiters, where CVs are fully automated and applying for a job will be super fast.
We also launched a free service where we help IT consultants to apply for open positions at the European Commission by helping them with the application and introducing them to hiring companies, direct providers of the European Commission.
You have successfully applied for the job.
We have created a Sprint CV account which allows you to automate your CV, for free, forever. Log in, review your profile and generate your CV in any of the many different templates that we have for you.
P.S: First, you'll need to go to your email to activate your account.