Senior Java Developer expert in ETL at the European Commission
up to 11k/month
The European Commission's Directorate-General for Trade (DG Trade) is looking for a Senior Java Developer expert in ETL and data processing.
The IT challenge
The main objective of the present contract is to ensure the business continuity of the data warehouse by supporting production activities ,such as regular updates of statistical datasets and periodical extractions required by the different units of DG Trade.
A second objective concerns software activities such as analysis, design, implementation, maintenance and optimization of new or existing applications related to data warehouse.
Typical tasks of a technical expert in Data-warehouse operations in the IT unit are:
• operational aspects of the data warehouse: dataset updates, data extractions, report generation and software maintenance.
• The technical expert will also participate in the development and maintenance of the software - web or standalone - applications and the catalogue of reports related to the data warehouse.
Mandatory knowledge and skills:
• Practical experience in a Data warehouse production environment for periodic tasks such as
• dataset updates
• data extractions
• report generation
• Ability to ensure business continuity of Data warehouse
• Good knowledge Data warehouse concepts and tools (ETL)
• Practical experience in Data analysis, processing and reporting
• Great sense of responsibility and service to users
• Ability to work in English and French (both written and oral).
• Capability of integration in an international/multicultural environment and experience in team working.
• Good writing and analytical skills for producing technical, architectural and functional documentation
• Ability to cope with fast changing technologies used in application developments
• Ability to work in team but also autonomously
Knowledge and skills considered as an asset:
• Good knowledge of software development methodologies, especially the methodologies used within the European Commission: PM2 and RUP
• Good knowledge of modelling tools (e.g. UML)
• Knowledge of the existing IT Security frameworks for the development and maintenance of applications
• Good knowledge of the design and development of web and multi-tier internet applications in Tomcat environment
• Familiar with Development environment based on Eclipse, IntelliJ, GIT, MAVEN, JENKINS, Jira
• Basic Knowledge of trade statistical concepts and data (e.g. from WTO, IMF or World Bank)
• Good Knowledge of QlikSense
Salary and Conditions
Location: Brussels, BE
Salary up to: 550€/day
Worksite type: On-site only
Contract type: Freelancer or Employee
Requires EU nationality: Yes
Job type: Outsourcing
Client: European Commission
Other points of the offer
DG TRADE imposes that all candidates must be ok to relocate to Brussels even during COVID.
Belgium permanent employment contract is also one option, with salaries around 3200-3800€ net, when meeting all criteria.
Feel free to send us a message to know how much could you get precisely.
You will be hired by an IT consulting company that has a direct contract with the European Commission, you won't have any contract with the European Commission.
At Sprint CV, our mission is to help IT consultants to improve and automate their CV. Our vision is to create an ecosystem between consultants, companies, and recruiters, where CVs are fully automated and applying for a job will be super fast.
We also launched a free service where we help IT consultants to apply for open positions at the European Commission by helping them with the application and introducing them to hiring companies, direct providers of the European Commission.
English (Full professional)
Reach out the job poster
Founder and Career Coach at Sprint CV
You have successfully applied for the job.
We have created a Sprint CV account which allows you to automate your CV, for free, forever. Log in, review your profile and generate your CV in any of the many different templates that we have for you.
P.S: First, you'll need to go to your email to activate your account.