Java Developer with 5 years experience for DG MARE at European Commission
up to 7.6k/month
The European Commission's Directorate-General for Maritime Affairs and Fisheries (DG MARE) is looking for an Java Developer with a minimum of 5 years of experience to join their team.
About this IT position
DG MARE is responsible for the policy area of fisheries, the Law of the Sea and Maritime Affairs.
DG MARE wishes to have the assistance of an expert to provide service as Developer in the framework of the MARE projects, systems and their operations.
Education and technical expertise:
• Good knowledge of applications design (minimum 5 years)
• Good knowledge of modelling tools
• Good knowledge of Relational DBMS
• Good knowledge of enterprise architecture
• Knowledge of Oracle, Weblogic, Wildfly, Postgres, Spring (boot).
• Knowledge of interoperability technology (e.g. web services, message oriented middleware, service oriented bus) (minimum 5 years)
• Good redaction skills
• Ability to give technical presentations
• Ability to apply high quality standards
• Ability to cope with fast changing technologies used in application architecture and design
• Ability to participate in multi-lingual meetings, good communication skills
• Capability of integration in an international/multi-cultural environment
Candidates must have:
• at least 5 years of working experience with Object-Oriented Programming and design patterns
• at least a well-balanced 5 years of working experience in the development and conception of applications,and in particular in the following items:
o Java Enterprise (JEE), Spring Framework or similar
▪ JPA, Hibernate or similar, JDBC, JMS
o Application servers:
▪ Oracle Weblogic, JBoss, Wildfly or similar
▪ Oracle RDBMS, PostgreSQL or similar DB engines
▪ PL/SQL or similar procedural languages
o Webservices: SOAP, REST
o XML standards: XSD, XSLT
• Good knowledge of UML and Enterprise Architect
• Good knowledge of building a continuous build pipeline
• Knowledge of cloud development (Azure or Amazon) is a plus.
• strong communication skills, including drafting skills and the ability to teamwork
• critical thinking
• dynamic, able to understand others points of view and elaborate on them to find common grounds
• ability to cope with fast-changing technologies used in application developments
Knowledge in one of the following areas is an additional plus:
• Cloud, in particular, design of cloud-ready applications
• Apache Maven
• X.509 certificates
Salary and Conditions
Location: Brussels, BE
Salary up to: 380€/day
Worksite type: On-site only
Contract type: Freelancer or Employee
Requires EU nationality: Yes
Job type: Consulting
Other points of the offer
Belgium permanent employment contract is also one option, with salaries around 2200-2500€ net, when meeting all criteria.
Feel free to send us a message to know how much could you get precisely.
During the Covid circumstances, working from home is allowed (and sometimes mandatory). Working from home must be done from the Brussels area (except if agreed otherwise by the line manager).
You will be hired by an IT consulting company that has a direct contract with the European Commission, you won't have any contract with the European Commission.
At Sprint CV, our mission is to help IT consultants to improve and automate their CV. Our vision is to create an ecosystem between consultants, companies, and recruiters, where CVs are fully automated and applying for a job will be super fast.
We also launched a free service where we help IT consultants to apply for open positions at the European Commission by helping them with the application and introducing them to hiring companies, direct providers of the European Commission.
You have successfully applied for the job.
We have created a Sprint CV account which allows you to automate your CV, for free, forever. Log in, review your profile and generate your CV in any of the many different templates that we have for you.
P.S: First, you'll need to go to your email to activate your account.