DevOps Engineer at European Commission
up to 7k/month
DevOps Engineer specialised in security is needed for a project at the European Commission.
The IT challenge
The DevOps Engineer will join an operational internal team in Luxembourg and contribute to the activities like:
- Configure and develop tools for Automated Deployments and Application Release Orchestration (e.g. XL Deploy, XL Release)
- Configure and develop Application Lifecycle Management and automation tools (WLST, Jenkins, Bamboo, JIRA, SVN, Git, Nexus, etc.)
- Ensure maintenance and evolution of the continuous monitoring tools (JEE, Elastic search, Dynatrace) and Unix shell scripts
- Provide guidance and support for Implementing and the DevSecOps pipelines
- Provide expertise in the area of Weblogic middleware solutions (Configuration and monitoring of OSB, monitoring the health of JEE applications, web services and JMS resources);
- Carry out investigations of application issues both from technical and functional perspectives;
- Plan and execute deployments of JEE modules (cooperation of efforts between development and data centre teams, performing compilations and packaging of JEE modules);
- Provide expertise in the area of database technologies (SQL tuning, review and execution of data migration scripts, monitoring of the database performance, development of SQL based reports).
Expert level knowledge in areas enumerated below:
- Deployments automation and Application Release Orchestration
- JEE (development and architecture of java web-based applications, application
- servers, JEE security, XML, JMS and web services technology etc.)
- Oracle DBMS, SQL, PL/SQL and performance tuning techniques
- Administration of Weblogic middleware solutions (Application servers, OSB)
- Development of UNIX shell scripts
- Practical experience in the development and maintenance of system interoperability based on SOA principles.
Minimum 3 years of studies (Bachelor Degree completed);
Very good knowledge of English (spoken, written);
Rapid self-starting capability and experience in team working;
Proactive attitude, communicative (i.e. good listener) and customer-oriented;
Excellent analytical skills;
Salary and Conditions
Location: Luxembourg, LU
Salary up to: 350€/day
Worksite type: On-site only
Contract type: Freelancer or Employee
Contract duration: +12 Months
Requires EU nationality: No
Job type: Outsourcing
Client: European Commission
Other points of the offer
The salary/daily rates presented are the maximum as a freelancer when meeting all criteria.
Luxembourgish permanent employment contract is also one option.
Feel free to send us a message to know how much could you get precisely.
You will be hired by an IT consulting company that has a contract with the European Commission, your services will be outsourced to the European Commission.
At Sprint CV, our mission is to help IT consultants to improve and automate their CV. Our vision is to create an ecosystem between consultants, companies, and recruiters, where CVs are fully automated and applying for a job will be super fast.
We also launched a free service where we help IT consultants to apply for open positions at the European Commission by helping them with the application and introducing them to hiring companies, direct providers of the European Commission.
You have successfully applied for the job.
We have created a Sprint CV account which allows you to automate your CV, for free, forever. Log in, review your profile and generate your CV in any of the many different templates that we have for you.
P.S: First, you'll need to go to your email to activate your account.