Application Engineer specialised in Elastic Search at European Institutions in Netherlands
up to 9.6k/month
There is an urgent need for 4 Application Engineer to join a team at a prestigious European institution located in the Netherlands.
The IT challenge
- Application installation, configuration and administration in production and non-production environments
- Application monitoring, performance tuning and continuous improvement of the efficiency and quality of service
- Perform applications support and maintenance activities such as incident, change, release and problem resolution
- Writing and validating application procedures manuals, including troubleshooting guides, backup and restore plans
- Automate administrative procedures for recurring system administration activities and provide installation and technical support documentation where required
- Contribute to the structuring, maintenance and development of the technical knowledgebase supporting the ICT Infrastructure Operations activities
Report on application availability, performance, capacity and overall usage where required
- Bachelor degree or 3 years of higher education
- More than 6 years working as an IT professional in mid/large IT infrastructure environments, including deployment, support and maintenance of applications
- A minimum of 5 years of experience working as an IT professional in the area of system administration or DevOps engineering
- A minimum of 2 years of experience installing/supporting Elasticsearch solutions
- Knowledge of Authorization and Authentication protocols and technologies (e.g. LDAP, Kerberos, SSL)
- Knowledge of Configuration Management concepts and technologies (e.g. Puppet, Ansible)
- A minimum of 2 years of experience with micro-services, container orchestration and container-based stacks such as Docker or Kubernetes
- A minimum of 2 years of experience working with Public or Hybrid Cloud services and solutions (AZURE or AWS).
- A minimum of 3 years of experience with databases, especially from an application troubleshooting perspective (e.g. MS SQL, PostgreSQL)
- A minimum of 5 years of experience working with enterprise Microsoft or Linux server solutions
- Knowledge of DEVOPS or automation scripting
- Knowledge of micro-services, container orchestration and container-based stacks such as Docker or Kubernetes
- Knowledge of Public or Hybrid Cloud services and solutions (AZURE or AWS)
- Knowledge of databases (e.g. MS SQL, PostgreSQL) and how they interact with applications
- Knowledge of operating systems (e.g. Windows, Linux)
- Knowledge of scripting, automation and deployment tools
- Knowledge of incident, change and release management
Salary and Conditions
Location: -, NL
Salary up to: 480€/day
Worksite type: On-site and Remote
Contract type: Freelancer or Employee
Contract duration: +12 Months
Requires EU nationality: Yes
Job type: Outsourcing
Client: European Institutions
Other points of the offer
You will be allowed to work remotely during the pandemic.
You will be hired by an IT consulting company that has a contract with the European Commission, you won't have any contract with the European Commission.
At Sprint CV, our mission is to help IT consultants to improve and automate their CV. Our vision is to create an ecosystem between consultants, companies, and recruiters, where CVs are fully automated and applying for a job will be super fast.
We also launched a free service where we help IT consultants to apply for open positions at the European Commission by helping them with the application and introducing them to hiring companies, direct providers of the European Commission.
You have successfully applied for the job.
We have created a Sprint CV account which allows you to automate your CV, for free, forever. Log in, review your profile and generate your CV in any of the many different templates that we have for you.
P.S: First, you'll need to go to your email to activate your account.