Senior Business Intelligence Analyst - Business Objects Developer at European Commission
up to 10.4k/month
Senior Business Intelligence Analyst - Business Objects Developer is needed to join a project at European Commission.
About this IT position
The Commission’s Directorate General for Translations (DGT) develops and maintains
applications to support the management of translation requests as well as linguistic tools to support translators in their daily work. Its applications and underlying systems and platforms can be broadly categorized into workflow applications and linguistic applications.
The main applications that support the workflow are Mandesk, Tradesk, Poetry, CAT Client and TRèFLe; linguistic tools are Euramis, eTranslation and SDL Studio 2015/2017.
Around those applications, many tools, services and helper applications are also being
developed and maintained by DGT's Informatics Unit – DGT R.3.
The IT challenge
The Commission’s Directorate General for Translations (DGT) is looking for an Senior Business Intelligence Analyst - ETL Developer, who will lead the technical aspects of running and maintaining the DGTSTAT business intelligence system.
The position involves performing analysis, development, test, deployment, maintenance and support tasks on DGTSTATapplication.
In this context, DGT Informatics Unit - R.3 is looking for a Technology Expert to focus on the following tasks:
- Provision of expert advice, assistance and best practices in the area of business
- Elaboration of functional and non-functional requirements and business case analysis
related to the area of expertise
- Analysis, design, development, test and deployment of components and modules of the DGTSTAT application.
- Analysis, development, tests of integration scenarios between DGTSTAT and other DGT or Commission’s information systems (e.g. Mandesk, COMREF).
- Analysis of production issues and elaboration of specific solutions (Bug fixing).
- Provision of studies, assessments, technical guidance and evaluations.
- Assistance in testing, evaluation and reporting.
- Quality assurance of new modules/developments.
- Elaboration of written documentation.
The candidate needs to be experienced and able to work independently on all aspects of running a Business Intelligence application:
- collecting and understanding user needs, design and maintain a data warehouse based on Oracle RDBMS;
- extraction and elaboration of data using an ETL tool (BODS);
- design of BO universes and design of BO reports;
- experienced in performing technical tests, organising the deployment in production, solving production issues;
The majority of the tasks are performed using the SAP BODS, SAP BI Client Tools as well as the Toad for Oracle Tools.
Salary and Conditions
Location: Brussels, BE
Salary up to: 520€/day
Worksite type: On-site only
Contract type: Freelancer or Employee
Contract duration: +12 Months
Requires EU nationality: Yes
Job type: Outsourcing
Client: European Commission
Other points of the offer
The salary/daily rates presented are the maximum as a freelancer when meeting all criteria.
Belgium permanent employment contract is also one option, with salaries around 3000-4000€ (value after all taxes), when meeting all criteria.
Feel free to send us a message to know how much you could get precisely.
You will be hired by an IT consulting company that has a contract with the European Commission, your services will be outsourced to the European Commission.
You have successfully applied for the job.
We have created a Sprint CV account which allows you to automate your CV, for free, forever. Log in, review your profile and generate your CV in any of the many different templates that we have for you.
P.S: First, you'll need to go to your email to activate your account.