Senior Java Developer at the European Commission
up to 11k/month
There are three urgent open positions for Senior Java Developers to join a project at the European Commission.
About this IT position
You will be joining the team responsible for the development, maintenance and support of the information systems portfolio of DG Environment.
DG Environment is the responsible entity within the European Commission that as the mission to protect, preserve and improve the environment for present and future generations, proposing and implementing policies that ensure a high level of environmental protection and preserve the quality of life of EU citizens.
The IT challenge
As a Senior Java Developer your tasks and responsibilities will include:
- Analysis of the integration of different information systems
- Development and maintenance of software applications and components
- Data analysis and data modelling.
- Architecture and design of information systems.
- Design of component architecture and building blocks
- Coordination and implementation of the technical architecture
- Technical interface between the project leaders and the analysts.
- Participation in technical working groups, progress meetings and meetings with the users
- Assistance in the testing, the technical documentation, the deployment, the evaluation and the reporting.
- Setup and maintain continuous integration and deployment pipelines.
- User guidance and support on the usage of the information systems.
- Knowledge of software development methodologies (e.g., Agile, SCRUM)
- Good knowledge of interoperability technology (e.g. web services, message oriented middleware, service oriented bus)
- In depth knowledge of solution and application design and software modelling
- Good redaction skills and ability to give technical presentations.
- Capability of integration in an international/multi-cultural environment, rapid self-starting capability and experience in team working.
- Ability to apply high quality standards, in terms of feature completeness, code quality and design, best practices in continuous integration pipelines (DevSecOps) is an asset
- In addition to the above knowledge and will be an asset if the senior Java Developer has good knowledge on Angular, JQuery, UML, JIRA, Confluence, build tools (maven), and CD/CI pipelines.
- Knowledge of security vulnerabilities and secure software development is an asset.
- A good level in English, a basic understanding of French is an asset.
Salary and Conditions
Location: Brussels, BE
Salary up to: 550€/day
Worksite type: On-site only
Contract type: Freelancer or Employee
Contract duration: +12 Months
Requires EU nationality: No
Job type: Outsourcing
Client: European Commission
Other points of the offer
The salary/daily rates presented are the maximum as a freelancer when meeting all criteria.
Belgium permanent employment contract is also one option, with salaries around 3000-4000€ net, when meeting all criteria.
Feel free to send us a message to know how much could you get precisely.
You will be hired by an IT consulting company that has a direct contract with the European Commission, you won't have any contract with the European Commission.
You have successfully applied for the job.
We have created a Sprint CV account which allows you to automate your CV, for free, forever. Log in, review your profile and generate your CV in any of the many different templates that we have for you.
P.S: First, you'll need to go to your email to activate your account.