Java Developer at the European Commission
up to 7.6k/month
Java Developer is needed to join a project at European Commission.
About this IT position
DG RTD, unit responsible to manage the Horizon 2020 programme, is also a software house that develops information systems services, operates the information and communication technology infrastructure, delivers user support services, and provides Information Communication Technology governance and security services.
In order to support the evolution of the management of the security access rights system, to ensure its extensibility, scalability and performance, to adapt it to future requirements and to maintain it operational, additional external support is necessary in various areas of the IT tool life cycle.
Currently, this IT system is used by several DGs/services and it is taking more and more a corporate dimension.
The IT challenge
• Architecture and design of information systems
• Review of the architecture of existing systems
• Design and development of component architecture and building blocks
• Analysis of the integration of different information systems
• Data analysis and data modelling
• Participate in the design and implementation of architectures for the new software components
• Manage the development and implementation of information systems common databases to meet identified business needs, acquiring and utilising the necessary resources and skills, within agreed parameters of cost, timescales, and quality
• Participate in the testing and independent acceptance of software modules and documentation delivered by either other team members or external contractors
• Participate in functional working groups and progress meetings
• Prepare and maintain project and quality plans and tracks activities against the plan, provide regular and accurate reports
• Communicating regularly with technical, applications and operational staff to ensure database integrity and security
• Manage the impact of change requests on affected systems
• Third level support (investigate database problems, incidents handling, schedule bugs for resolution). Depending on the circumstances, the service provider may be requested to provide assistance or support in the resolution of production issues or assist in database inquiries and/or bulk configurations
• Provide presentation of the system to all the interested parties and, when required, give customized training
• Ensure good design and specification of working interfaces with other modules, and participate in ensuring that the interfaces actually comply with their specification
• Analyse and document user and technical requirements
• Writing database documentation, including data standards, procedures and definitions
for the data dictionary
• Work with users to identify, specify and agree requirements
• In depth knowledge of Experience with SOAP or REST services
• In depth knowledge of Java Enterprise technologies or Spring framework
• In depth knowledge of PLSQL and advanced SQL.
• Capability of working in an international/multi-cultural environment, rapid selfstarting capability and experience in team working, understanding the needs, objectives and constraints of those in other disciplines and functions
• Ability to participate in multi-lingual meetings and good communication skills
• In – depth knowledge of database theory including database design methodologies
• Master’s degree in IT (added value)
• At least 3 years of experience in IT, but preferably 7 years experience
Salary and Conditions
Location: Brussels, BZ
Salary up to: 380€/day
Worksite type: On-site and Remote
Contract type: Freelancer or Employee
Contract duration: +12 Months
Requires EU nationality: Yes
Job type: Outsourcing
Client: European Commission
Other points of the offer
The salary/daily rates presented are the maximum as a freelancer when meeting all criteria.
Belgium permanent employment contract is also one option, with salaries around 2500-2800€ (value after all taxes), when meeting all criteria.
Feel free to send us a message to know how much you could get precisely.
You will be hired by an IT consulting company that has a contract with the European Commission, your services will be outsourced to the European Commission.
At Sprint CV, our mission is to help IT consultants to improve and automate their CV. Our vision is to create an ecosystem between consultants, companies, and recruiters, where CVs are fully automated and applying for a job will be super fast.
We also launched a free service where we help IT consultants to apply for open positions at the European Commission by helping them with the application and introducing them to hiring companies, direct providers of the European Commission.
You have successfully applied for the job.
We have created a Sprint CV account which allows you to automate your CV, for free, forever. Log in, review your profile and generate your CV in any of the many different templates that we have for you.
P.S: First, you'll need to go to your email to activate your account.