Senior Application Developer at the European Commission
up to 11k/month
Senior Java Developer is needed to join a project at European Commission.
About this IT position
The OIB (Office for infrastructure and logistics – Brussels) is in charge, for the European Commission, of managing infrastructure, buildings and logistics in Brussels.
The mission of the Real Estate (RE) Department is to manage the various activities related to the buildings of the European Commission in Brussels.
They are specifically looking for an Application Developer for testing, configuration, maintaining and enhancing our Information Systems related to real estate and facilities management, in the respect of our development, security and data protection guidelines.
The IT challenge
other information systems (data workflows) and participation in the integration tests (REMIS – Comref – SMT – MITS – SYSPER – ABAC SAM)
• Assisting the business users in the process of extracting useful information from the database and drafting technical specifications for business reports
• Analysis and documentation of the business processes (BPMN diagrams), including propose possibilities of digitisation and automation of certain procedures
• Follow-up of the technical issues (tickets) with the second line of support and the supplier when necessary (JIRA)
• Assist the first line of support by providing information not readily available in the system
• Contribute to further development/improvement of the information system (analysis of forms, etc.)
• Write technical documentation and support in the drafting of end-user documentation
The following expertise is required:
• Very Good knowledge of Relational DBMS
• Excellent knowledge of Oracle SQL (at least 3 years hand-on experience in the last 5 years)
• Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel (especially related to data management features)
• Good understanding of BPMN (2 years)
• Good knowledge of software testing standards (3 years)
• Very good knowledge of Confluence, JIRA, Sharepoint (3 years)
• Very good knowledge of Agile methodology (3 years)
• Ability to apply high quality standards
• Ability to participate in multi-lingual meetings
• Capability of working in an international/ multicultural environment
• Good knowledge of PL/SQL
• Good knowledge of front end development
• A good command of French (minimum level B2) is required.
• English level B1 is desirable, as most documents will be written in English.
Salary and Conditions
Location: Brussels, BE
Salary up to: 550€/day
Worksite type: On-site and Remote
Contract type: Freelancer or Employee
Contract duration: +12 Months
Requires EU nationality: Yes
Job type: Outsourcing
Client: European Commission
Other points of the offer
The salary/daily rates presented are the maximum as a freelancer when meeting all criteria.
Belgium permanent employment contract is also one option, with salaries around 3200-4000€ (value after all taxes), when meeting all criteria.
Feel free to send us a message to know how much you could get precisely.
You will be hired by an IT consulting company that has a contract with the European Commission, your services will be outsourced to the European Commission.
You have successfully applied for the job.
We have created a Sprint CV account which allows you to automate your CV, for free, forever. Log in, review your profile and generate your CV in any of the many different templates that we have for you.
P.S: First, you'll need to go to your email to activate your account.